Tweets for my Sweet vs. 2 Broke Girls

Last week, I watched the first season of 2 Broke Girls non-stop and as I saw more episodes, the more I loved their kind of humor - scant yet reality-bashing and witty. A coffee shop may be a common setting for a sitcom but adding two girls whose long-term goal is to earn thousands of dollars to build a cupcake business is a creamy icing on top of the cupcake. The last frame of each episode shows how much the two girls have added to or taken from their savings.


I just watched a Filipino sitcom a while ago called "Tweets for My Sweet" and what do you know? It almost has the same characters as the foreign series!



 In 2 Broke Girls, one of the 2 characters was once rich but became broke when her father was jailed for practicing a Ponzi scheme in his business. The formula: RICHES to RAGS.

The other waitress on the other hand was broke from the start. It was revealed however that she went to college as an Art student but could not afford to pay off her student loans after finishing her studies. The formula: RAGS to (still) RAGS.

In Tweets for my Sweet, Girl#1 is poor or as what she called it "hikahos" (a Filipino term for broke) and Girl#2 was once rich but became broke when her father declared bankruptcy. When Girl 1's grandfather died, she vowed to put up a business and in the 2nd episode, Girl 2 invited her to do the same.

But while it is off to the same start as 2 Broke Girls, Tweets for my Sweet has an ensemble of actors that adds spice to the whole series. Roderick Paulate whose timeless portrayal as a gay person adds fun to the party. Mikey Bustos, who became famous for his YouTube videos played as the security guard and Nova Villa as (I'm not really sure but she works at the same coffee shop). Sheena Halili plays the role of a rich girl turned broke (Girl#2) who swindled her friends and got black listed at banks.

I don't like Marian Rivera that much but I can say she really enjoys doing comedy shows like this. Discounting the irritation I feel from her shouting and yelling, she pulls off funny lines with her charm and gay personality. Other casts are Barbie Forteza as her sister, Elmo Magalona and Chef Boy Logro, who is really one hell of a character. Who knew a real chef would be given a break at acting!?! Yum-yum-yum!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie views: "Moments of Love"

MSG Kills Dogs -- But Not My Aunt's!

How to Enroll Your BDO Account for Internet Banking