How to Enroll Your BDO Account for Internet Banking

Banco de Oro has become a fast growing bank ever since it was acquired by the Sy Group. Everywhere you go, you'll always spot a BDO branch or a BDO ATM machine. This is probably the best reason why I decided to open an account with them - besides the fact that most BDO banks are open until 5:30 pm so there's no need to rush just to beat the COB (close of business). Furthermore, BDO branches inside SM Malls are open until 7 pm so you can still pay your bills after you get off work.

Anyway, as I've said, I just recently opened a passbook savings account with BDO and one of the first things I asked is if they have internet banking. The Account Officer was very kind enough to walk me through the process and it was after all fairly easy!



As soon as you get your BDO ATM card (usually a week from application), assign your PIN code right away. It took me two days to do this because the first time I faced the machine, it asked me the "old pin", which I did not have so I had to look for the piece of paper that had the instructions for changing pin. It just said to enter your pin so when I had my second attempt, I just entered my desired PIN number when the machine asked me my old or default PIN. I entered it again as my new pin and again to confirm it. All in all, I entered my desired PIN code three times.

Anyway, as soon as your ATM card is secured with a PIN code, you won't be able to Activate the internet banking yet because you have to enroll your account online first.

Enrolling your BDO Bank Account for Internet Banking


  • Click ENROLL NOW! You will be directed to the Terms and Conditions.
 After you have read or browsed the terms, tick the box that says "I have read, fully understood, and agreed with the terms and conditions." Click Submit.


  •  Click the first button if you have an ATM Card already and if you can make sure that you have access to a BDO ATM machine for the next 45 days. The second option seems a bit more complicated so if I were you, I'd wait to have my ATM card issued first.

  •  Now it's time to fill up the form with your info. Just take note that the ATM Card Number is different from your Savings Account Number. The ATM Card No.: Can be seen on the face of your ATM card, on top of your name. The Savings Account No. can be seen in the passbook. If you don't have a passbook, ask the Account Officer for this and keep this information in your wallet.
As soon as you have filled out the form successfully, you will receive an email containing the Activation Code. Print it out or just write it down. This is what you need to be able to activate the internet banking feature at a BDO ATM Machine.

Insert your card in the BDO ATM Machine, press the button for "Other Services" then press Internet Banking or Mobile Banking (I'm not sure). Enter the Activation Code and you're done!

Wait for a few hours before you can finally see your account online. When you receive an email informing you that... "..your enrollment to BDO Electronic Channels was approved", you need to wait another day (24 hours) before you can make a transaction.

Easy isn't it? All that to avail these services at your fingertips!


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! and I was even able to buy cellphone load for my dad through internet banking. no need to walk to the store, just a few clicks is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an easy way to enroll. Glad BDO renders that kind of service.


    ATM Machines

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Movie views: "Moments of Love"

MSG Kills Dogs -- But Not My Aunt's!